Mossback Geezers

Welcome old-timers and online friends.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:57 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: MGeezers gets a new Home
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:00 am 

Well, Mossback Geezers is finally back up!

My previous hosting service more than doubled the 2-year price renewal fee. I had been a customer of theirs for 10 years, and there have been moderate price increases (less than 10%) a couple times over that timeframe. But this time, it more than doubled - 223%. You can bet I had some choice Yankee words with their India-based billing-support person when I called them on the phone. Oh I was NOT a pleasant person. They were "big" enough to offer me a 3-month discount - which resulted in yet more pleasantries.

So I found a new hosting service, got an inexpensive 3-year introductory rate, and locked it in for 6 full years. All for about the same price as the 2-year fee increase. Email boxes and 3 websites all moved.

Anyway - we got a shiny brand new Forum. I'm still working on the look/feel/styles (it's the "prosilver" default right now). I'll get some cool styles loaded soon and I'll post here when they're ready for your use - you select them in your User Control Panel.

Where did all the old posts go? Bite me! No one was reading them anymore anyways. The important posts I will just repost, like the one with all the map-pack download links, but I intend to edit the map-packs and get rid of those we never use anyway.

You'll have to re-register, just like I did. As you can see, I changed my name to my game-name. I have your old avatars and I can email them to you if you want, or you can just upload something new. It's up to you, just let me know. I can't set your avatar for you - you have to upload them into your registered account.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:00 pm 

Well good bye 4 digit pass words lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:05 pm 

Well hello old man! Glad you could stop in.

I'm just now getting things going. I'm going to be putting some "styles" into this Forum so we can get away from this generic/default prosilver style.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:22 pm 

No worries
you will get it